Sabtu, 26 Maret 2016

Example Simple Past Tense vs Present Perfect

Write the correct form of the verb in parentheses in each sentence. Choose only the simple past tense (examples: I worked, be took) or the perfect present tense (examples: I have worked, be has taken). Notice the two examples.

1. I (see) that movie already.
- I have seen that movie already

2. I (see) that movie yesterday.
- I saw that movie yesterday

3. I (read) that novel by Faulkner several times before.
- I have read that novel by Faulkner several times before

4. I (read) that novel again during my last vacation.
-  I read that novel again during my last vacation

5. Mr. Foster (study) Spanish at New York University last year.
- Mr. Foster studied at New York University last year

6. Mr. Foster (study) French in this class since last September.
- Mr. Foster had studied French in this class since  last September

7. Miss Cunningham (live) in Detroit from 1940 to 1946.
- Miss Cunningham lived in Detroit from 1940-1946

8. Miss Cunningham (live) in New York since the time.
- Miss Cunningham had lived in New York since the time

9. Our guests (have) a good time at the party last night.
- Our guests had a good time at the party last night

10. Our guests (have) a good time ever since their arrival.
- Our guests have had a good time ever since their arrival.

11. Dr. and Mrs. Duncan (see) the Coliseum  in Rome in 1948.
- Dr. and Mrs. Duncan saw the Coliseum in Rome in 1948.

12. Dr. Duncan (see) the Statue of Liberty hundreds of times.
- Dr. Duncan had seen the Statue of Liberty hundreds of times.

13. The Browns (be) in Detroit twice since Christmas.
- The Browns was in Detroit twice since Christmas.

14. The Browns (be) in San Fransisco the week before last.
- The Browns had been in San Fransisco the week before last.

15. My wife and I (travel) by air many times in the past.
- My wife and I have traveled by air many times in the past.

16. My wife and I (travel) to Mexico by air last summer.
- My wife and I traveled to Mexico by air last summer.

17. The students (finish, finally) that exercise!
- The students finally finished that exercise!

18. The students (start) that exercise about three hours ago.
- The students have started that exercise about three hours ago.

19. We (receive) the boy's telegram at 08:00 p.m. last night.
- We received the boy's telegram at 08:00 p.m. last night.

20. We (send, already) them a special delivery reply.
- We have sent them a special delivery reply already.

21. Mr. and Mrs. Hanson (visit) Paris before the last war.
- Mr. and Mrs. Hanson visited Paris before the last war.

22. Mr. and Mrs. Hanson (visit) Paris many times since the war.
- Mr. and Mrs. Hanson have visited Paris many times since the war.

23. We (study) almost every lesson in this book so far.
- We have studied almost every lesson in this book so far.

24. We (study) a very hard lesson the day before yesterday.
- We studied a very hard lesson the day before yesterday.

25. I (have) a little trouble with my car last week.
- I had a little trouble with my car last week.

26. However, I (have) no trouble with my car since then.
- However, I have had no trouble with my car since then.

27. We (watch, never) the television program.
- We never have watched the television program.

28. We (watch) an interesting program on television last night.
- We watched an interesting program on television last night.

29. That tell fellow (work) here for the past three weeks.
- That tell fellow worked here for the past three weeks.

30. Formerly, he (work) for the A.B.C. Company in Boston.
- Formerly, he had worked for the A.B.C. Company in Boston.

31. Mr. Shaw is my English teacher. He (teach) here for six years.
- Mr. Shaw is my English teacher. He have had here for six years.

32. He (finish) his Ph. D. at Yale University seven years ago.
- He finished his Ph. D. at Yale University seven years ago.


Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar